Sunday, July 26, 2009

Malaysia's Legacy

Yasmin Ahmad passed away last night at around 11 something at night.


It will be hard to find another who can make movies like Rabun and Sepet. Needless to say, there will be no more touching Petronas advertisements anymore from her.

I still remember the time when I first watched Sepet. My friends and I went to the cinema and were forced to watch it because the other cinemas were full. We hesitated at first, thinking was the movie worth watching. But in the end, a few of us ended up in tears. Sepet was that good. It was a simple movie that all of us could relate to our daily lives.

I watched Gubra too. But did not find the time to see Muallaf and Talentime yet.

It was sad that Yasmin Ahmad passed away at a young age of 51 due to stroke. Just like Michael Jackson, she will leave her legacy behind.

No comments: